The JDA-LO located in Sao Tome, DRSTP was established by the Nigeria-Sao Tome & Principe Joint Development Zone Treaty signed, 21st February, 2001 and came into existence 16th January, 2002 upon inauguration of the Board.
In the spirit of the Treaty, JDA-LO is headed by the Liaison Officer who must be a Sao Tomean and Deputy Liaison Officer who must be a Nigerian.
The current Liaison Officer (LO) is Mr. Mario Joao Dos Santos while the Deputy Liaison Officer (DLO) is Mr. Chindo El-Farid Uche-Okeke, profiles are:
Mr. Dos Santos (LO) with educational background in Finance and Accounting was employed in JDA and posted to headquarters, 2004 and has since served in the following capacities;
2004 – 2014: Served as Internal Auditor.
2014 – June 2015: Served as Senior Accountant
June, 2014: Transferred to STP on appointment as, Liaison Officer
Mr. Uche-Okeke (DLO) with educational background in Public Administration and Environmental Resources Management was employed at JDA headquarters, 2002 and has since served in the following capacities;
2002 – 2004: Personal Assistant to the Chairman of the Board
2004 – 2016: Principal Planning Officer, Non-Hydrocarbon Resources
January, 2017: Transferred to STP on appointment as, Deputy Liaison Officer
Former Liaison Officers are:
- Dr. Olegario Tiny
- Mr. Eugenio Tenjua
- Engr. Eugenio Nascimento
- Mr. Arzemiro Prazeres
- Mrs. Margarida Branco
Former Deputy Liaison Officers are:
- Mr. Abba Dabo
- Mr. Abubakar Bata Mohammed
- Mr. Ismaila Karagama
- Mr. Ejimofor Agbachi
- Mrs Vivien Nlebemuo
The Treaty broadly outlines the function(s) of JDA-LO.
Functions of the Liaison Office:
The Liaison Office though receiving directives from headquarter, performs all the functions of JDA in DRSTP and they (functions) are as follows:
- LO regulates and monitors the activities of JDA contractors and Operators activities in DRSTP.
- LO oversees and performs all financial and administrative tasks of the JDA in DRSTP.
- LO interfaces with all relevant STP Government and public institutions.
- LO interfaces with private firms in STP that have established business relationships with JDA as well as those desirous to establish such relations with JDA.
- LO interfaces with diplomatic missions and other international organizations located in STP.
- Prepares the Liaison Office Annual Budget
NIGERIA – SAO TOME & PRINCIPE JOINT DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Vila Maria, Estrada de Pantufo, Perto de Pirata
Democratic Republic of São Tome & Principe