The Finance and Administration Department is a very vital component for the overall functioning of the Authority’
Since inception it has put in place the right policies that of international standards to enable the Authority cope with contemporary challenges and a dynamic environment which is always evolving.
It has the following sub units:
- Finance & Accounts
- Audited Accounts
Mandate of the Administration Department include:
- General Office Management & Running
- Transport Management
- Assets Management
- Property Management
- Managing external relations
- Stores and Inventory and Management
The Administration, Maintenance and Procurement Units are under the Finance and Administration Department and are saddled with the following responsibilities:
JDA HUMAN RESOURCES UNIT
In any organisation, the most valued asset is its employees The JDA fully recognises that its ability to continue successfully in business is dependent entirely on the knowledge, skills, experience and attitude of all of its employees.
The Human Resources Unit is responsible for managing the relationship between JDA as the employer and the individuals from the two nations working within the organisation.
The HRU aims to maximize employee performance & productivity in In line with the Vision and the Mission of the JDA strategic objectives by adding value to the growth of the JDZ (Zone) and ultimately to the economies and peoples of the state parties by the following functions:
- Employment of a highly competent, qualitative and skilled workforce from the nationals of the state parties.
- Handling issues relating to recruitment, placement, deployment & promotion of Employees.
- Ensuring the attainment of skills needed to function in the JDA while providing each employee opportunities for advancement through training & development policies & programmes and performance management.
- Development & management of a highly motivated staff through competitive reward system.
- Ensuring the Human Resources Policies are implemented for the mutual benefit of JDA and its employees by monitoring employee welfare, employee-relations & disciplinary issues.
- That the Conditions of employment are continuously. Monitored to attract, motivate and retain employees at a competitive level.
- Administration Unit: This unit is responsible for the implementation and review of administrative policies and office management, and the assets of the JDA.
- Procurement Unit: Responsible for the general procurement of office equipment and supplies based on the provisions of the- JDA accounting manual and the recommendations of the JDA tenders committee. The procurement unit also supervises the central store and inventory.
- Maintenance Unit: Responsible for the daily supervision and upkeep of electricity, generators, water, Air conditioners and vehicles, as well as the vendors that offer support services.